New Life Center Labor, Delivery and Recovery Suites
The $12-million New Life Center at NYU Winthrop Hospital on Long Island, NY has been providing world class care for women since 1998, as NYU Winthrop began its second century of service to the community. The spacious 15,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art facility offers family-focused maternity care, a home-like birth experience within the safety of a hospital environment, infused with our renowned dedication to compassionate patient care.
Childbirth: What To Look For When Selecting a Hospital To Have Your Baby
Chief of Obstetrics, Genevieve Sicuranza, MD, FACOG answers your questions about Childbirth in "Childbirth: What to Look for in a Hospital," part of the Ask the Doctor Series presented by NYU Winthrop Hospital.
New Life Center Highlights
Our exceptional flagship facility for patients, families and newborns features:
- 16 home-like Labor/Delivery/Recovery (LDR) Suites complete with the most advanced maternal and child care equipment and technology
- Special monitoring rooms and programs for high-risk patients
- Separate areas for Cesarean section mothers
- Family/sibling waiting areas
- Access to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). One of the most advanced facilities of its kind, NICU is staffed with specially trained experts in newborn medicine who care for babies born prematurely or with health problems requiring special attention.
Our highly skilled care-giving team consists of maternal/child care specialists and sub-specialists with advanced training and certification in obstetrics, lactation and newborn care:
- Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners with advanced training in mother-baby care
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists (perinatologists or high-risk obstetricians)
- Certified Nurse Midwives
Family Centered Care
Expecting a baby is not just for mothers. At NYU Winthrop Hospital’s New Life Center, Patient and Family Centered Care is designed to help your entire family begin adjusting to the arrival of your newborn. We recognize that every family is unique, with individual needs and wants.
Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFC) offers a unique approach to the planning, delivery, and evaluation of maternal/child care on Long Island and redefines health care relationships through mutually beneficial partnerships among health care providers, patients and families.
Our PFC caregivers understand that emotional, social and developmental support are integral components of health care which promote the health and well-being of individuals and families and restore dignity and control to them.
New Life Center Services and Programs
NYU Winthrop’s commitment to Patient and Family-Centered Care has naturally led to the development of a growing roster of leading-edge services and programs that help families deal with the many facets of preparing for childbirth, delivery, caring for the newborn and meeting the changing needs of family members after the birth. Read more about our many innovative Maternal and Child Care Services and Programs.