Breast Imaging Center
The Leading Edge of Technology in A State-of-the-Art Environment
NYU Winthrop’s Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is a state-of-the-art, fully digital facility that provides advanced screening and diagnostic services in a warm and comforting environment.
Our Center provides a multidisciplinary approach to breast health, offering not only the services of skilled technologists, but also easy access to NYU Winthrop’s team of board-certified physicians and specialists including radiologists, pathologists, medical and radiation oncologists, and world-class surgeons specially trained in breast, plastic and reconstructive surgery.
The suite features a relaxing waiting room and private changing areas designed to reduce anxiety, promote comfort and nurture patients’ well-being. Each patient is treated with dignity, compassion and respect for privacy.
NYU Winthrop’s Breast Imaging & Diagnostic Center Named a Center of Excellence
We have been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). This prestigious designation is awarded to breast imaging centers that achieve excellence by seeking and earning accreditation in all of the ACR’s voluntary breast imaging accreditation programs and modules, in addition to the mandatory Mammography Accreditation Program. NYU Winthrop’s Breast Imaging & Diagnostic Center has earned ACR accreditation in Mammography, Stereotactic Breast Biopsy, and most recently, Breast Ultrasound and Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy.
One of the first Breast Health Centers in Nassau County -- and one of only a handful in New York State -- to be Certified by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
Our world class breast imaging team consists of highly skilled specialists who will be involved in your care. These specialists include:
- Board Certified radiologists
- ARRT Certified, New York State Licensed mammography technologists
- ARDMS Certified ultrasound technologists
- Registered nurses
- A seasoned clerical staff trained to meet every patient needs.
Our coordinated paths of care give patients easy access to the Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary team of Board Certified physicians, pathologists, radiation and medical oncologists and surgeons specially trained in breast, plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Breast Imaging & Diagnostic Center Services
- State-of-the-art digital mammography and ultrasound
- Minimally invasive biopsy techniques including stereotactic and ultrasound-guided core biopsies, fine needle aspirations and galactography.
- Breast MRI and Breast MRI-guided core biopsy, CT and PET scans
- Evaluation and treatment of all types of breast conditions, including benign and malignant tumors, breast pain, suspicious and abnormal mammograms, monitoring and counseling of high-risk population, including previously diagnosed breast cancer and genetic mutations (BRCA1 and BRCA2).
- Access to:
- Histopathologic results in a timely fashion
- Conservative surgical approaches
- Comprehensive medical and radiation oncology services
- Advanced reconstruction and plastic surgery
- Genetic counseling
- Emotional support for patients and families
- Personal Coordinated Care offered to patients and families with information and support provided by our Nurse Navigator (coordinator) to help patients from diagnosis through treatment.
- Free on-site parking
The fully-digital Breast Imaging and Diagnostic Center is equipped with state-of-the art mammography and ultrasound equipment. High resolution images provide the tools for early diagnosis and rapid results — often while patients wait.
- GE Senographe DS Mammography System
- GE Senographe Essential Mammography System
- Two GE Logiq 9 Ultrasound Systems
- Hologic Prone Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- MRI 3 Tesla
NYU Winthrop Breast Imaging Center
120 Mineola Blvd.
Mineola, NY 11501