Become A Volunteer
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
At NYU Winthrop’s Cancer Center for Kids (CCFK), volunteers are an integral part of our success story. Their efforts on behalf of our patients and their families support, encourage, and reinforce our multi-faceted programs and services.
With just a little bit of creativity and imagination, you can get involved, and help transform the lives of patients and families at the CCFK.
- Volunteer at an Event. Our annual events always need volunteers to lend a hand. We are grateful for help with setup, greeting guests, registration, and prize, ticket and auction sales.
- Make It a Really Special Occasion. In lieu of gifts, celebrate your milestone occasion by giving guests the option to contribute toys, gift cards or monetary donations to CCFK. We will gladly help with the wording for your invitation, party favor or table card.
- Host an Event. Whether it’s at home, a restaurant, park or school, hosting an event to benefit the CCFK can be a fun and fulfilling experience! The CCFK is happy to provide information and representation based on scheduling and staff availability.
- Get Your Business Involved. You can sponsor an employee giving program or start a workplace campaign in conjunction with a specific holiday, Pediatric Cancer Month, or ‘just because.’ If you company has a gift matching program, you can maximize the impact of your donation to the CCFK.
- Use Social Media. Raise awareness of pediatric cancer and the CCFK’s mission through your Facebook or Twitter account!
If you would like to become a CCFK volunteer, or learn more about us, please contact the Cancer Center for Kids.