The Department of Biostatistics offers many lectures and workshops throughout the year, encompassing a wide range of topics. Most are given at the introductory level and do not require pre-registration. Lectures are announced in our quarterly newsletter and will be posted regularly on this page.
View or download our lectures by clicking on the links below:
- Introduction to Biostatistics and the Role of the Biostatistician
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Overview of Study Designs
- Graphing and Summarizing Data for Posters and Manuscripts
- All About Confidence Intervals
- Analysis and Interpretation of Binary Data
- When Does a Difference Make a Difference?
- How to Properly Summarize and Present Data
- The Role of Chance in Statistical Testing
- Statistical Evaluation of Medical Literature
Additional Lecture Materials