Please be aware that some insurance companies require you to have Outpatient Laboratory Services also known as Reference Laboratory Services performed at their designated laboratory facilities (however, this does not apply to pre-admission testing services).
As a participating laboratory you insurance will cover laboratory services performed at NYU Winthrop Hospital (subject to your in-network deductible and co-insurance if applicable).
It is also important for you to know the exact name of your plan, plan type and product when making a decision as to where to receive services.
The following are the participating plans at the NYU Winthrop Hospital Outpatient Lab
- Aetna/US Healthcare
- Beech Street/Medi Choice now under MultiPlan
- ChoiceCare/Humana (patient must have both logos)
- Center Light (formerly Comprehensive Care Management)
- Coventry Health Group
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield (EPO, PPO, Indemnity, & Senior Plan-Medicare PPO)
- Emblem (includes HIP, GHI, Vytra all products except Exchange)
- Fidelis (including Medicare & Health Exchange Plan)
- First Health (incl. CCN, HCVM & PPO Oklahoma)
- Great West Life)
- Health First (Child Health Plus B only)
- Health Plus/Amerigroup
- Three Rivers PPO
- United Healthcare (Oxford)
- United Health Care Empire Plan (includes NYS employees)
- Uniformed Services Health Plan