NYU Winthrop Vascular Surgery
Expert, Compassionate Care
The Division of Vascular Surgery at NYU Winthrop Hospital is committed to providing patients with comprehensive, compassionate and culturally competent care. Our highly-trained surgeons are adept in traditional open surgery, and minimally-invasive procedures that avoid large incisions and decrease recovery time. We offer personalized care to address each individual patient’s needs with new medical therapies, non-invasive diagnostic modalities, and an emphasis on risk factor management and disease prevention.
Conditions We Treat
The longstanding partnership with the physicians of the Division of Wound Healing and Regenerative Medicine has enabled a multi-disciplinary approach to promoting health. Our expert team includes surgeons, nurse practitioners and support staff that address a broad range of vascular conditions including:
- Aortic aneurysms
- Carotid artery stenosis
- Peripheral artery disease
- Renal disease & dialysis access
- Varicose Veins & Venous Insufficiency
- Mesenteric ischemia
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clots)
- Diabetic Ulcers
The surgical team performs open surgery and minimally-invasive procedures to restore flow through blocked vessels or to prevent rupture of aneurysms including:
- Open and endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR)
- Carotid endarterectomy and Stenting
- Angioplasty (balloon therapy), Stenting and Atherectomy for peripheral vascular disease
- Lower extremity bypass surgery
- Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT), Phlebectomy, Sclerotherapy
- Dialysis access placement (Arteriovenous fistulas, grafts, tunneled dialysis catheters)
- Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement and removal
- Mechanochemical ablation (MOCA)
- Mediport placement for chemotherapy
- Major and minor amputations
- Wound debridement
Accredited State-of-the-Art Facility
Our newly-built center, accredited by the Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, includes an innovative procedure room where expert surgeons treat patients with varicose veins, venous insufficiency, malfunctioning dialysis access, peripheral artery disease, and aid in the insertion and removal of central venous access devices. Venous disease affects men and women of all ages and can cause spider veins, swelling, skin discoloration and ulcers. Our goal is to treat these conditions using minimally invasive techniques that decrease recovery times, eliminate the need for a hospital stay and allow you to return to your normal activity promptly.
Our center also features a full time Non-invasive Vascular Laboratory certified by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission, where arterial and venous studies are performed efficiently and effectively by dedicated vascular technologists.
Complex open and endovascular procedures are performed at NYU Winthrop Hospital, and patients in need of acute care are seen there as well.